Melbourne Development Circle has a track record of delivering high quality, well attended events for professionals working in, and passionate about, creating positive social, economic, cultural and environmental change in Australia and abroad.
After a short hiatus, the group is reforming and seeking committed individuals to form a leadership team and work together on defining and delivering ‘MDC 2.0’ from October 2017 onwards. This is a unique opportunity to make your mark on this important public-facing network with over 1,300 past attendees on the mailing list.
We are seeking expressions of interest for people wanting to join the team now and support events in August and October, and/or formally commit to roles at the October AGM with a minimum 12 months’ commitment.
Who are you?
- Have networks or a desire to create strong networks in any of community development, international development, social enterprise, and sustainability (across non-profit, government and private sectors). These networks support event promotion, seeking speakers and event partners, and building the team as required.
- Are confident leading an event with 40-80 attendees around a thematic area, working with other team members on coordinate and execution
- Have a professional, can-do attitude
- Are accountable and a great team player
- Have experience or a willing to understand the model rules of an incorporated association and be accountable to fulfilling our legal obligations
- Are committed to responsive team communication, attending meetings, and contributing to and participating in (most of) the events throughout a calendar year
Everyone brings a unique element to the team and it works well with diverse professionals across many industries and sectors who can think creatively about how to collaboratively meet the evolving needs of the MDC community.
Why join MDC?
This is a great learning and professional development opportunity for emerging as well as established professionals wanting to contribute to the sector, while building relationships, networks, and most of all enjoying the chance to bring people together and join in conversations and thought provoking events about how we can collective work together towards creating a better world.
If you have any questions or would like to apply, please contact co-founders and former convenors Kelly Rae or Lexi Randall-L’Estrange for a chat: firstname.lastname@example.org